Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Calibre as RSS agent for E-readers

I've been using Calibre to organize my library of e-books and audiobooks.  Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) is nice as it is device independent, and any e-reader attached can be recognized and material transfered.  Calibre recognizes a wide range of formats and has internal conversion tools, which are very handy.  I haven't tried to link my Ipod to Calibre, but organizing all formats for a title seems to be a nice way to keep track of everything.

I've just recently, with the purchase of the Sony PRS-900 begun to pull news off using Calibre.  Calibre allows you to identify RSS feeds and organize them with a schedule for updating.  Thus, every night I pull off some New York Times and Scientific American headlines to peruse.  As my wireless connection does not work in Canada, the "more" links in the summaries don't work, but I'll have some opportunity to test when in Sarnia, or over in Port Huron or Detroit.

No comments:

Post a Comment