Monday, January 16, 2012

Finished (E-Reader) - "11/22/63" - Stephen King

I really liked this book.  It must have been over 20 years since I read any Stephen King, but the idea of this book intrigued me.  The book is based upon an accidental discovery that can transport someone back in time to a specific date in 1958 - they come back 2 minutes later in "our" world regardless of how long they spend in the 1950's onward.

As the title strongly suggests, the key date in mind occurs in 1963 - the Kennedy assassination.

The story is of a character who returns in time with the goal to stop the Kennedy killing.

The book was a gripper (which I can safely say I found other King books to be as well), and I found myself interested in a story that has Lee Harvey and Marina Oswald as characters.  Having a point-in-time view of the late '50's and early '60's was nice as well - the good and the not-remembered.

I did find the ending of the book a little weak, but I suspect that time-travel stories are always difficult to wrap up.

No comments:

Post a Comment