Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Finished (E-Reader) - "The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game" - Michael Lewis

"Blind Side"might be the best book I've read in a long while.  I hadn't made the connection to the Sandra Bullock movie (probably due to the movie having such a cryptic name "The Blind Side":)  ).  I'm not a huge football fan, as I grew up a Detroit Lions fan and thus, football wasn't the most successful sport around during my life.  However, I had liked "Moneyball", so picked up "Blind Side".

I did learn some football, but I really learned about how difficult even truly talented folks have in overcoming barriers of poverty (race would be another barrier, but at least sports seems to have dealt with that issue).  The odds of Michael Oher actually making it into high school, let alone college and the NFL are truly staggering.  I found myself locked into reading this book and found it impossible to put down.

Most excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment