Thursday, July 24, 2014

Finished (E-Reader): "Girl Gone" - Gillian Flynn

"Girl Gone" by Gillian Flynn proved to be a much more interesting book than I imagined.  I had thought the book would be about an abduction and the detective story to find the victim, either just in time or a little too late.

However, this book was much more interesting.  Told from two perspectives, the missing woman and her suspect husband, the book goes back and forth about who is guilty, what the crime is or was, who the police suspect, who the public favours...

The only drawback from the book is that you sometimes find out information from one character that might have been better kept secret for a little while longer.

I did enjoy the book, and ripped it off in a couple of days as I really wanted to finish.  The twists and turns are somewhat unexpected and worth the read.  A nice summer pic.



I picked up a "hard copy" of the paperback for a recent vacation and gave it to my wife.  She didn't read it on that trip, but was quite absorbed for a weekend to kill the book once we got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment