Friday, February 24, 2012

Finished (E-Reader): "Under the Dome: A Novel" - Stephen King

As I had re-kindled my interest in Stephen King with "11/22/63" I decided to e-read "Under the Dome".  Like all SK novels, it does read well - you are compelled to find out what the next chapter holds.

The basic premise is that a small town in Maine suddenly finds itself locked under an impenetrable, clear dome. No traffic in or out of town.  Small town political leaders become driven by power...

However, I didn't find the book all that "believable".  The move to evil of the locals seemed much too fast, and the ending wasn't' all that fulfilling, it seemed a little extreme and rushed.  I guess the purpose of the dome was interesting, but I found it too "out to lunch" and might have been better as some more intrinsically interesting plot or mystery.

I have found other SK novels to be much more complete and probably wouldn't recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment