Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nearing the end of "The Informationist" - Taylor Stevens (E-reader)

I was interested in a quick diversion read - "The Informationist" fit the bill.  It is definitely a take-off on the Steig Larsson books - the key character is a woman who is very capable physically, and is an excellent researcher - sound familiar?

However, the Taylor Stevens version of Lisabeth, is a little to "super-hero"ish.  She sniper-kills army folks who've wronged her, she partially dodged a bullet and escaped from a "swim with the fishes" execution.  The rough upbringing that Lisabeth endured is nothing compared to the "knife fight, terrorist training rape-fest" that Vanessa lived through.

I'm finding the book a little predictable (I will update if my "theory" doesn't hold - did so far).  To be fair, if I read this without reading Steig Larsson's books, I might not have the Lisabeth-shadow over the reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment